Friday, August 14, 2015

THE Recipes! Spread and Cucumber Sandwiches

NOTE:
There will always be more recipes...
 
First, I want to talk about the most awesome spread I've come across.
It started out as a spread for cucumber sandwiches.  Cream cheese and seasoning...
However, I **really** wanted to make it a little healthier.  One day, at a tea party (yup, I was hosting a tea party!), I served 2 different plates of cucumber sandwiches.  One plate used a base of cream cheese for the spread.  The other plate used a base of plain Greek yogurt for the spread!
Five out of six taste-testers (me and my guests) preferred the Greek yogurt based spread.
 
I now share the results of that experiment with you!
 
 
GREEK YOGURT SPREAD:
 
8 oz plain greek yogurt
1/4 tsp each:
            Lemon pepper
            Onion powder
            Garlic powder
            Sea salt
Combine.
 
 
Seriously, this stuff is better than mayonnaise!
Just for fun, here's the recipe to make cucumber sandwiches! (Which are also yummy on the go)
 
CUCUMBER SANDWICHES:
  • Pepperidge Farms Ultra Thin White Bread
  • Greek Yogurt Spread
  • Cucumbers (peeled and sliced)
  • Sea Salt
 If you prefer, remove the crust from 2 slices of bread.
Spread one slice with Greek yogurt spread.
Layer cucumber slices (peeling is optional, and slicing thin is highly recommended).
Sprinkle cucumbers with salt.
Top with the second slice of bread.
Cut into quarters for presentation.

Have you tried this recipe, yet?  Tell me what you think in the comments!
 

Let's keep in touch!

* indicates required

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign up for exclusive content!