Thursday, August 20, 2015

THE Recipes! No-Bake Chocolate Energy Bites









I made a minor change to the original recipe.  It called for chocolate chips. I used sliced almonds, instead.  These are just decadent any time...




No-Bake Chocolate Energy Bites:


3/8 cup honey


1/2 cup no-stir almond butter


1 tsp vanilla extract


3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder


Up to 4 Tbsp water, as needed


 


1 cup old-fashioned oats (raw)


3/4 cup raw or toasted coconut


1/2 cup flaxseed meal


6 Tbsp Sliced almonds


 


Combine honey, nut butter, vanilla extract, and cocoa powder.  Add water as needed for a sticky consistency.


Add oats, coconut, flaxseed meal, and almonds.


Mix and roll into 1” balls.  Refrigerate.


 


Makes about 20.


Suggested serving size: 3 balls.


I picked up some local honey.  It was amazing...  I used said local honey in my energy bites, and they were out of this world!


Did you try this recipe?
Did you tweak it?
Tell me about it in the comments!





Let's keep in touch!

* indicates required

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign up for exclusive content!