Wednesday, March 9, 2016

You don't have to drink the kool-aid!

Anyone who knows me has probably been encouraged at one time or another to step outside of their comfort zone. (Just a tiny bit)


I try to do my own share, and this past weekend, I did just that.
I judged at a high school forensics debate!


True confession, I never actually knew what Forensics was...  It was just always paired with Debate...
Debate and Forensics...


I sat there eating from a plate with some Pringles and a slice of marbled pound cake. (Yup, I'm human, too.)  The teenage girl who roped me into this gig starts going on about what a health food nut I am...  (Really??  I try so hard, but fall short - just look at the decadence on my plate!!)
And the gentleman next to me asked, "So, what do you normally eat?"


I started listing my previous day's meals and snacks...  Chocolate Shakeology with spinach...  overnight oats... carrots... quiche...  Chicken and wild rice soup (with plenty of vegetables!)...


The gentleman looked at me, horrified...
"But, you binge on junk food once in a while don't you???" (He seriously sounded terrified that I was some inhuman healthy eating lunatic)


So, I responded as honestly as I could.
"Absolutely, I do!!"
Honestly, life just isn't worth living if I can never enjoy a frozen margarita, a rich piece of cake, or a cheddar brat ever again!

So, here I was looking at my eating habits as if I still have so far to go (I have a handful of meals I rotate through, for crying out loud!), and the rest of the world is looking at me like, "How can she stand to live on that stuff? Where's the joy??"

Trust me, there is joy.  I *am* human...
It's called a "dirty dump truck"...

You don't have to ditch everything you are used to in order to eat a little healthier!
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DRINK THE KOOL-AID!

Your best bet for success is to just start small.
My journey started WAY back when I read this book... (17 years ago???)...  Potatoes, Not Prozac...
It talked about eating in a way that may help manage the symptoms of ADHD.
I started by switching from white bread to wheat bread.
A few years later, I never missed white bread!


If you only change one small thing at a time, it takes a long time to completely transform your eating habits.  But those small changes increase the likelihood that your habit will stick!

The time will pass anyway.  I can't believe it has been that long!!!

Start where you can.  Set yourself up for success!

Still not sure how to get started?
Why not give my free challenge a shot?
It comes every day - straight to your inbox!









Or click here: http://eepurl.com/bO5k0T

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign up for exclusive content!