Friday, January 8, 2016

Broccoli Cauliflower Pseudo-Quiche - FOR THE WIN!


By Popular Demand…….

Broccoli Cauliflower Pseudo-Quiche!!

So, I’ve started calling this a “pseudo-quiche” because a traditional quiche would use 2 parts milk to 1 part egg, and I prefer to leave this dish protein heavy in the egg department.  The number of eggs is an estimate.  We have our own chickens, so we are using our farm-fresh eggs – which do not always come in a consistent size….  I just wanted my eggs to barely top the height of my vegetables.

Any size pie can be made, and a pie crust isn’t even required!  My first attempt was small – just in case it was a disaster less than successful….
We actually ate 4 servings from this!
It was a smashing success!

My favorite part of the broccoli is the florets, and I hate huge chunks of stalk.  I use a non-traditional tool when preparing my broccoli and cauliflower….
I use scissors to cut the florets off!  No more crazy knife wielding!!

Imagine topping this with fresh, chopped tomatoes…..

The versatility of this dish is limitless, so enjoy!
And show me how you have customized it!!


Broccoli Cauliflower Pseudo-Quiche
The Recipe:

Prepared pie crust (optional)
½ large head of cauliflower (or more, if desired)
1 large broccoli crown (or more, if desired)
10-12 eggs
¾ cup milk
Shredded Cheddar Cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spread pie crust in a pie pan. (A round cake pan can be used in a pinch)

Chop broccoli and cauliflower
Steam to desired consistency (5 minutes, for me!)
Fill pie crust with steamed vegetables.

In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and milk and any desired seasoning (salt, pepper, garlic powder, etc).
Pour egg mixture over vegetables.


Bake for 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese.


Enjoy immediately or package up for a week’s worth of lunches!

Let's keep in touch!

* indicates required

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign up for exclusive content!