Thursday, January 14, 2016

Chocolate Coconut Overnight Oats


I have this weakness for coconut...
Almond Joy is one of my favorite candy bars...
When I make no-bake cookies, I replace some of the oats with coconut!

So, adding coconut to my chocolate oatmeal was just a natural evolution!!

I've been tweaking the recipe (I mean, does it *really* need 2 TABLESPOONS of cocoa?), and I'm still zeroing in on the best ratio of ingredients, but this should give you an excellent place to start!

I can satisfy my sweet tooth first thing in the morning, and I don't feel a single twinge of guilt!

Chocolate Coconut Overnight Oats
(remember, you can adjust the ingredients to taste)

Combine dry ingredients in a storage container:
(I use Pint mason jars because that's what I have on hand)

1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
1 tsp ground flaxseed meal
1 tsp powdered peanut butter
1 TBSP cocoa powder (You can double this for extra chocolaty taste)
1 TBSP coconut
Dry ingredients, ready to mix...

Add moist ingredients for the servings you plan to eat this week!
1/2 cup almond milk
1 tsp honey
1/8 tsp almond extract

Allow mixture to sit overnight.
In the morning, enjoy cold or microwave for 40 seconds and enjoy warm!


The only ingredients required to make this work are OATS, and whatever LIQUID you want to soak them with!  Could it get any easier?

What do YOU like in your oatmeal??

Let's keep in touch!

* indicates required

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign up for exclusive content!