Sunday, November 1, 2015

Delicious Halloween!

Have you seen what everyone is wearing?
The costumes get more creative all the time!
I wonder what candy everyone is giving out this year?

My husband and I live in a neighborhood that doesn't get trick-or-treaters, so I have to live vicariously through Facebook.
And as I started to see the pics going up of piles of candy...  I actually started feeling a little sick to my stomach...
Now, that could just be because of some bug I've been fighting off this week - BUT!
I suddenly realized that, if we DID get trick-or-treaters, I couldn't hand out candy in good conscience!

Don't get me wrong...  I have a sweet tooth!
I can be my own worst enemy.
I try to minimize what I bring into the house, but I'm not ready to give up the decadence completely...
I just try to save it for a treat!


If we ever get trick-or-treaters, I'm going to have to put a plan in order... I'm beginning to think something fun like Play-Doh might be a guilt-free bet!

If you pigged out on the candy (or maybe you still are?), don't beat yourself up for it.  One week night a year isn't going to make or break your long-term health.

I could have made all kinds of pumpkin-flavored creations if I had been ready before the pumpkin carving began...  Instead, our chickens feasted on pumpkin guts and kept vigilant watch for more!


Did you adjust any Halloween traditions this year?
Are you planning to in the future?
Tell me about your challenges and triumphs with this spooky holiday!

Let's keep in touch!

* indicates required

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign up for exclusive content!