Thursday, November 5, 2015

Creative Problem Solving?

The kitchen can really be a disaster zone for me....
My husband cannot cook unless the kitchen is immaculate!
Me, I just can't keep the counters cleared off...
However, the more organized I can keep the kitchen, the better I eat.  So the stakes are high!

For a year and a half, my husband and I have been trying to take the dishwasher. For example:
Once the dishwasher had run, these 2 blue lights are lit up! If you open the dishwasher, they remain lit up... until you latch it closed again......

You know what happens when you share a living area with someone else?
They come in and mess up your system!

I don't know how many times I've told my husband: as long as you don't latch it, I know the dishwasher is still clean, and as soon as I have 10 minutes, I can put the dishes away!
We have continued to have the discussion about: Is the dishwasher clean or dirty?

We originally had planned to use a magnet we could flip for clean or dirty, but the dishwasher is stainless steel, so this imaginary magnet would never stick anyway...
Our magnets will only stick to the side of our refrigerator, and my husband is easily offended if the magnets are not expertly arranged.  And don't put just any magnet up there!!

.............................................................................................................

One day, a run across "window crayons" at the store...  Could this be the best thing since dry erase markers??

I bought them.  Can you imagine the face my husband is making at me when he sees them?
(My poor husband gets picked on so much when I write...  I wonder if he knows?)
One morning, I started the dishwasher as I was leaving for work.  So, I left a note for myself in case my husband opened (and closed) the dishwasher!
(God forbid he unload it!  At least he can take care of the loading part - if he knows it's dirty...)

#creativeproblemsolving #embracingmyinnerchild #childlikeenthusiasm
.............................................................................................................

Now, on my window, I keep a running commentary on the state of the dishwasher.
And you know what?
I'm saving a little bit of time.
I've eliminated a steady source of confusion.
My husband still asks me if the dishwasher is clean or dirty, but he notices that I check the window to verify...  Maybe one day he will read it on his own!  LOL
My counters are staying just a little bit clearer!!

Where do you save time in the kitchen?
Does it help you eat any healthier?

Let's keep in touch!

* indicates required

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign up for exclusive content!