Monday, June 8, 2015

Sexy workout

I posted a sweaty selfie the other day.
That, in itself, isn't unusual. In order to be accountable to each other in our groups, we share a post-workout picture every day.
a typical pot-workout selfie...


On a regular basis, I change into my workout clothes after work (or riding), and I don't bother to take off the day's jewelry. If I had bothered to put on make up (and that is a HUGE if), I don't take it off, either. It will be washed away during my post-workout shower!
As a result, I sometimes get some selfies where I might actually look cute!
it takes more time to remove the bling...

In response to one of my selfies, someone commented about considering the "sexy workout". Then, I really started thinking about it.
We all know that when you feel good, you perform better. 
When you look good, you feel good.
Why not look good for your workout?
I like color!
I'm not saying you *have* to look good for your workout.
I'm going in there to sweat and grunt and breath funny...
However, sometimes, I feel my earring swing a little or my necklace bounce a little...
...and I feel just a little... fancy!
I feel pretty!  And even if noone can see it, it makes me feel good, and I push just a little more!
Sometimes I just forget I'm wearing jewelry until it gets in the way.  That's when I stop for a moment and take it off.
 
But, I do reach for clothes that make me feel cute before I reach for my older, worn-out workout duds.  So, why not "dress up" for your workout?


Let's keep in touch!

* indicates required

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign up for exclusive content!