Thursday, June 9, 2016

On the Menu - June 2016

Café Latte month...
I'm all about my chocolate Shakeology...
If you've followed any of my other menu posts you'd notice that Shakeology is the absolute first thing on every single one...


Well, I decided to take the plunge and try the newest flavor (the only one I had yet to try): Café Latte


I'm NOT a coffee drinker.  I don't like coffee.  In order to make coffee the least bit palatable to me, you have to add so much milk and sugar that it is no longer coffee...
In fact, it's more like Sugar Milk...


I thought my husband would like it, even if I didn't, so I picked up the Barista Pack... That includes 8 servings of Café Latte, 8 servings of Vanilla, and 8 servings of Chocolate.
Yay for mixing it up!!


I ***LOVE*** the Café Latte flavor!!
I'm pretty sure I'm going to set myself up for a monthly rotation between Café Latte and Chocolate...
Yes.  I like it THAT much!



Anyway, the breakfast burritos were actually my husband's idea.  I've only made them for special occasions.  Why didn't I think of these before for a daily meal???
So fast and easy to prep and travel friendly if I take my tortillas to work on Monday!


I keep mine pretty simple: scrambled eggs and turkey sausage, a sprinkling of cheddar cheese...
I load a single serving into easily transportable storage containers and eat it at work!
I prefer to heat my filling, then roll it into a room-temperature tortilla.  Hence the added inconvenience of bringing 5 shells to work with me on Monday...


John, on the other hand, prefers to spice things up a bit with cubed steak in his scrambled eggs, add in some onions and peppers, a touch of tobasco or sriracha, and he wraps them ahead of time.
He also sticks one into each transportable storage container, and he heats up the entire thing before consuming.
Have I mentioned that my husband likes spicy things??
Yeah, he's been working on a marinade for making his own "nuclear chicken wings"....
I can't even stand the smell of the stuff!!


Recently, he surprised himself by discovering extra breakfast burritos in the freezer!
He had made more than a week's worth and stuck all of his extras in the freezer and forgot about them.  What a treat!


We make the chicken and wild rice soup in the crock pot and portion that into single servings as well.


Instead of buying roasted almonds, I love to roast them myself in a ceramic mug!  I just toss a small handful in the microwave for 20 seconds at a time until they are roasted!  It usually takes a total of 40 seconds...
I love the texture once they're roasted, and eating them warm is a bonus!


It takes a little extra planning each week, but I feel a sense of freedom on the weeknights when I don't have to get ANYTHING ready for the next day - because I did it all on Sunday!


This approach can be done with 2 menus that alternate days easily.
With a bit more work and freezer friendly meals, you could easily eat something different each day and have your food set for the next month or 2!!


Is your mind as blown as mine is??


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign up for exclusive content!